Now that you and your person are engaged, it’s time to get things rolling with your engagement session! Although these types of sessions aren’t required, it is a super fun way to announce the big news and show off that new bling! While I love a beautiful park location with all the green trees at sunset time – there are also a handful of things you can do to make your session a little more personalized and make it still feel like you! Let’s dive into some fun ideas for your engagement session!
Whether you’re looking for cozy and intimate, or fun and romantic we can capture those no matter what we are doing! Traditional engagement photos will forever be timeless, but today I am sharing 5 fun ideas for your engagement session!
1. In home photo shoot – In most cases, recently engaged couples are house hunting and typically find one before the wedding. This is the perfect time to celebrate both your engagement and your new home! These photos always turn out so cozy and romantic.
2. College Campus – Did you and your boo meet in college? If so, this is a great chance show some college pride and do some photos where it all began!
3. Picnic in the park – packing some meat, cheese, champagne or wine, with a cute blanket and basket can be so fun and romantic! Heck, you could even pick up pizza instead of packing a basket. Either way, so cute and fun!
4. Local Brewery/Restaurant – Going to a favorite brewery or restaurant can be so special to each couple. Maybe they had one of their first dates there, maybe that’s where the go to celebrate big news, or maybe it’s just a favorite place. No matter what, these are always fun and candid!
5. Ice cream shop – this option here is one of my favorites! In St. Louis there are a handful of super cute ice cream shops that make for adorable photos! Plus, you get to enjoy some ice cream during your session…who doesn’t want that?? Haha My husband and I actually did this one in our anniversary session last year! (I will share some of those photos below here. They were taken by Jessica Lauren Photo.)
There are seriously so many cute options out there! Just to name a couple more: a sport session with jerseys, or even an orchard or winery. Finding a fun prop or location for part of your engagement session adds such a personalized touch to your session!
What do you think? Would you ever add one of these elements into your session?? Tell me below!
If you want to learn more about my portrait sessions or wedding collections, click HERE to contact me! Let’s do this!
Template by Gillian Sarah
Rebekah REad Creative
Copyright 2021 All Rights Reserved
My goal is to capture timeless and candid moments that will make those very emotions you felt on your wedding day come flooding right back!