Wedding dress shopping is one of the things that most brides can’t wait to do! I mean, it’s a day of trying on some of the most beautiful dresses you’ve ever seen while popping champagne with your favorite girls! It’s a day of finding THE dress that you’ll marry your person in. Are you ready to hit the Bridal shops? Here are five things to keep in mind when shopping for your wedding dress.
1. Make sure to walk around. Most people will put on a dress, walk out of the dressing room, and then stand there while deciding if you like it or love it. I will always recommend walking around and even jumping or dancing a little bit! You will be wearing this dress all day long doing everything in it. Make sure that you can walk and dance without the dress chafing or giving you any difficulty!
2. Can you sit?? This is one that a lot of people overlook. I highly recommend sitting in each dress you try on. This could be a deciding factor when it comes to choosing a dress! Make sure that you can sit comfortably!
3. Try on a variety! Try on what you think your dream dress is and then try on the exact opposite. Try on the one your mom picks out, try on your most pinned style of dress, and then try on the one your best friend chooses. Even if you think you won’t like it, try it on! Wedding dresses can look so different on the hanger than on your body. In fact, most brides that I talk to walk out of bridal shops with a totally different style of dress than what they thought they would get! Crazy, right?!
4. Do you feel like a queen? When you find THE dress, you are going to love everything about it. The details, the way it fits, all of it, and its going to make you feel so happy! A lot of girls even get teary eyed and just know when they’ve put on the right dress!
5. Keep an open mind! Make sure to surround yourself with positive people that you trust and love! Those people will be honest with you. Focus on finding a dress to fit your body and not the other way around. Wedding dress sizing is unlike any other clothing sizes. So don’t let it bother you when you see your wedding dress size and its not what you thought. If you go into dress shopping with an open mind, you will have so much fun!
Once you’ve found THE dress there is nothing quite like it. You will be so excited to put it back on at your first alternations appointment and every time after that, especially on your big day!!
Template by Gillian Sarah
Rebekah REad Creative
Copyright 2021 All Rights Reserved
My goal is to capture timeless and candid moments that will make those very emotions you felt on your wedding day come flooding right back!